Thursday, February 22, 2007

Somebody call the police, I've totally lost my mind.

Brax,
A photo of the Steve sweater being modeled by Steve is coming soon...just as soon as he tries it on and allows my mom to take a picture of him. Because it is finito! Hooray!

An aside: I hate Microsoft Word's grammar checker. I am smarter than the grammar checker. Stop underlining my sentences in green, you stupid glop of technocrap! I will personally decide when to "consider revising," you keep your nose out of it, thank you very much. I remember having a conversation with a kid in college, he had this reputation for being some kind of straight A genius, and he didn't know shit about grammar because he always used the grammar checker. He didn't even understand what he was changing, he just reworded and reworded his sentences until the little green lines went away.

I bet there is a way to turn it off, huh? I am smarter than the grammar checker, but I am powerless to turn it off.

It is 60 degrees and sunshiny here, and it is making me so happy! It makes me want to leave work early and go run around and wrestle with puppies and drink wine in the park. On the other hand I feel like I could use a nap. So I'm feeling pretty divided. At lunch time today I meandered around the market for 15 minutes trying to decide what to get. I ended up getting an Amy's frozen mac and cheese, and a bag of Pepperidge Farm Brussels (mmmmmmmmm), and then as I left the market I realized that what I really wanted for lunch was a tofu donburi from the sushi place, so I went and got one, and saved the mac and cheese for later. This is the kind of day I am having. God, even my blogging is spazmodic and meandering. I should probably shut my office door and take a nap.
Bruce

Update: Triumph! I turned off the grammar checker.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Excellent work removing the grammer check. I'm totally alerting the police! You will have to show me how to get rid of it too, because I'm constantly clicking "ignore" just to make the squiggles go away.