Thursday, August 14, 2008

bumping down last night


It is a beautiful day today! Hot but not humid, sunny and happy. Buzzing insects, shining sun, etc. It is definitely summer, but there is the slightest hint of fall in the air. Lucy is back in her usual window spot. She loves to lay on her back in the window. It is freaking adorable.

It is a little too warm for wool, although I am working on a super bulky cabled sweater with that stash of Magnum I've got laying around. I'll show it to you later. At the moment I'm making a lot of cotton dishrags because if my hands sweat while I'm knitting they won't just felt. Also they're not a giant heavy wool thing in my lap. (The obvious solution here is socks, but guys, I tried so hard and I don't think I can do it. I can't focus on socks! And then when you're done you have to make a whole other sock!) Anyway, I like my dishrags. Functional!

OK, I've got some book writing to do...enjoy your day, everyone!

Bruce

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Libby,I love your blog. I especailly liked the commentary on peeing in public toilets. My reply would be -- act as polite as the men and raise the seat if you don't want to sit down.

-Astrid