Monday, September 24, 2007

Anyone want a free cat?

Bruce,

I love days off! I spent all morning Sunday reading The Hobbit in bed (nerd!), and then I got up and made coffee and knit on the porch. Then, I cleaned my whole house and worked out and danced around to some music. Here's a picture of the puff sleeve cardigan guy:

I'm really happy with the way the decreases worked out...it fits me really well around the waist. (considering it started out a litttle big...what a surprise) At this point, the pattern calls for a couple rows of purl bumps around the waist, and then some lacey decorative stuff for the last couple inches. I don't know, it's hard to explain. I think, instead of calling attention to the "spare tire" region of my abdomen with a lot of extra bulk and decoration, I'm going to change it up a little. I'll try and finish it by this weekend so you can see it! Pictures really don't capture the color of the yarn AT ALL.



Here's a closeup of the sleeve.

And Oscar's ass.

I gotta go, Oscar keeps trying to catch a yellow jacket, and he won't leave it alone even though he's already gotten stung once.
See you Friday,
Brax


1 comment:

Libby said...

your sweater is lovely!!! finish 'er up and you can wear that sucker in dc this weekend. except it will probably be 100 degrees because, you know...dc.