Wednesday, June 11, 2008

summertime

Brax,

I love this book! If you are a big fan of cable knitting, but you've always been sort of intimidated by those involved and amazing fisherman sweaters you see around, then you absolutely need this book. The patterns are fresh, stylish interpretations of traditional cable patterns. It even has a little cable stitch dictionary in the back, a section on designing with cables, and a very thorough discussion of the technique for beginners and intermediates. I haven't actually knitted anything out of it yet, but I'm going to go ahead and give it the Wine Lips two-glasses-up seal of approval.

Other things:

1) Knitter's Connection. This week! OK! Updates to follow, maybe.

2) NFC sock yarn! Awesome. Blue? Yes. Per our recent conversation about opening the door to blue. I'm comfortable with it. I'm pretty ready to have some jewel-toned bright blue socks.

...Now it's just a matter of finding the time to knit them.

3) New Knitty is up!

4) It's officially summer. I love that. This time last year we were posting all the time about Comfest and how we couldn't wait to see each other and all our friends back home. I've been thinking about last summer, and the parade of awful, awful things that happened. Summer '07 taught me two important things. One is that I should listen to my gut because my gut is super smart. The other is that being around my friends and family is a lot more important than pretty much anything else. I hate it when you learn a lesson, and it's really profound to you, and then you say it out loud and...whoops! It's a cliche!

Anyway, now we're in the same city, and everything looks a lot better, and I really feel like this is going to be a great summer. Anyway, if it's not I'll be pissed off.

Summer! Get ready for awesomeness.
-Bruce

P.S. OK, everybody, now Brax is actually in my house, snapping her gum at me, while I'm trying to blog a letter to her. Let's call this the "period of adjustment" for Wine Lips.

1 comment:

Kate said...

hey, Libby! Glad you made it to Ohio in one piece and i'm glad you like my bag. The best parts may be the inside. good luck photographing that! I'm glad you and brax are together again. I look forward to seeing how Wine lips morphs!
Kate