Saturday, June 14, 2008

Connecting!

Everybody,

I heart connecting with knitters. They're excellent people. Nice, quality people.

For starters, Cat Bordhi. Here is a (very dark) picture of her introducing Jess, Casey, and Mary Heather at the Ravelry talk.


Man! She's kind of a genius. Brax and I were in Karida's booth, and Cat Bordhi came in and she walked up to us just when we were looking down at our feet, talking about how we got so many mosquito bites on our feet from being barefoot in my yard. Then I looked up and...Cat Bordhi! So we said to her, "We got a lot of mosquito bites on our feet last night!" And she said something like "ooh, they might not be mosquitoes if they were in the grass, girls. They might be little creepy things." And we said "Ewwwwwwwww!"

And that's the story of how Brax and I met a knitting superstar genius and told her about our mosquito bites. She didn't seem to think we were too weird. She is very nice that way.

Karida, Cabbage, and I also hung with the Ravelry folks. These are seriously, seriously cool people. They gave a talk, and it was their first time giving a presentation about Ravelry, and they did a great job!

L to R: Karida, Jess, Me, Cabbage, Casey

After the talk we headed to the Surly Girl. Casey and I have Pabst in common.

Yarmando, Casey, my Pabst tall boy, Casey's Pabst tall boy

Gerry and Mary Heather

Jess and Me

So much fun! We were all pretty exhausted from the show, but managed to eat some great food and have a few drinks anyway. I am generally never too tired for food and drinks.

See? Knitters Connecting.

Our booth was right behind the Ozark Handspun booth. Good Golly Miss Molly! Terri and David are their names. They're a married couple, and they are so nice that I sort of wanted to ask if I could come home with them. I didn't get any photos of them, but Brax and Karida and I all got some of their pretty, pretty, pretty yarn.

This is my little guy. I love him.

Our yarn combined filled up the plant stand.


(I'm getting a pretty weird reputation in my new neighborhood. "Have you met the new people? ...the guy seems OK, but the woman? I keep seeing her in the front yard photographing balls of yarn.")

So in short we got to spend time with a bunch of lovely yarn and lovely people this week, and it was rad. It's been said many times, many ways, but knitters are some of the by-god best people anywhere. Hooray!

Later,
Bruce

P.S. Thanks to Priscilla, for being great at the shows this week! It was great to get to know you!

No comments: