Tuesday, July 29, 2008

All my posts are about cats!

Bruce,
Ugh, I'm hung over today. I hope I didn't make too much of an ass of myself last night. I really enjoy living in Columbus. Particularly the friends and hangouts. Of course, I do sort of miss my old apartment...the central air in particular. And there was so much space! I think the cats miss all that space too. They don't have as much room to run around, so they seem to be getting in each other's way a lot. They have taken to lazing around the new apartment, hiding in closets or trying to find cool spots on the floor. Fred has a really funny way of laying with his front feet together like so:

He is a little gentleman. Hmm, I think that's Katie's umbrella. Also, Oscar has developed a new fear: the garbage truck. Every few days, a truck comes to empty the dumpster, and Oscar crawls into the bed and hides under the comforter. What a big baby.

Anyway, the reason for all this old-apartment-sentimentalism is that yesterday, I drove up to Toledo and moved the last of my belongings outta there. That's right! I officially don't live in Toledo any more. I always leave a few weeks of "overlap" time between apartments, so that I have a little extra time before I have to have the old place clean and empty. It is unhelpful in some ways because for that month or whatever, you sort of have this "I still have moving to do" sword hanging over your head, and it is Blessed Relief to finally have that done. However, it is also very helpful to not have to have everything done in one marathon moving day.

(I think you'll remember that Historically Awful Move of 2003, where we all had leases beginning the exact day we had to be out of our shared house. It was sort of a nightmare, not helped by the fact that we threw a giant party the night before, complete with a stripper pole installed in the living room. But I digress.)

Anyway, even though we're working with a smaller space, I do like my new apartment. It has hardwood floors, plenty of windows, a basement, and a nice big kitchen. I will just have to get used to the cats doing their "exercise" at 5:30 in the morning: chasing each other back and forth across the length of the apartment, making sure to run across my head and hiss at each other with each pass.

Lylas,
Brax

1 comment:

Libby said...

Eddie is so handsome!