Tuesday, October 16, 2007

hack, cough, sneeze

Everybody,

Y'all probably expect to hear all about our trip to Seattle. NOPE!

We have about a million photos to sort, all equally charming (you know how photogenic we are). All you really need to know at this stage is that I had a fabulous time in Seattle, but then it turns out it gave me the flu. It's sort of like that time on Sex and the City when Charlotte slept with that hot young guy and got crabs.

We'll tell you all about it soon, I promise. In the meantime:

A) Irish Hiking Scarf: so much fun to knit, snuggly, gorgeous. I love this pattern! The Hello Yarn folks have graciously allowed me to use it in my cable knitting classes, and I've found it to be a fantastic project for first-time cablers.

I can't wait for it to be a whole scarf! It's bulky yarn on a US 10.5, so it's really wide. In a good way.

B) Kitten: Cute.


C)Christmas Catalog!


I LOVE catalogs full of things like Elvis throw rugs and Jumbo Rotating Mirror Balls, little chairs for your signed baseballs, slimming body suits, child's handprint ornament kits, seatbelt fashion belt ("Living in the Fast Lane of Fashion!"), and maybe my favorite, the Candle Warmer ("Love scented candles, but nervous about keeping them lit?"). Almost as good as the Sky Mall.

Cordially,
Bruce

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.mcphee.com/

you'll love this one. All kinds of weird stuff.

Karen said...

I'm so glad you've finally started on your scarf! I was getting a little tired of seeing that yarn arranged tastefully in bowls of fruit.