Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Resolutions!

Bruce,

I wasn't going to do new year's resolutions this year, because they always end up being a bunch of dumb crap I never do anyway. I always say I'm going to lose a bunch of weight or something, and then I feel bad that I never do it. This year, I decided to pick things that will be good for me, and not just what I think I ought to be doing, like dieting and working out a lot.

Here they are:

1. Get a bunch of re-usable grocery bags together and use them to shop. I'm pretty sure I resolve to do this every year, and then all my free canvas bags end up getting used to store Works In Progress. Since I have several cones of peaches n' creme worsted lying around my house, I think I'm going to knit a few up. Because, really, how many dishcloths does a single gal with a dishwasher need?

2. Not use my credit cards once. Yeah! I can so totally do it!

3. Eat no more than 2 restaurant meals per week. I usually do pretty well with this already, but sometimes I just get in a rut where I don't go grocery shopping for awhile and I end up buying lunch a few days in a row.

4. Get a bike. I'm totally going to be one of those skinny little bike messenger types before the year is out. Okay, I might not ride it to work, but I want to at least ride it around places a few times a week...carbon footprint and all that.

5. Visit the farm. No, not the bar in Ross, Ohio that your uncle used to run...I mean my family's farm out in Pennsylvania. You should come with...it's in the middle of Amish country, and you can buy the best homemade ice cream/rootbeer/jam in the world from Amish farms. It's a fact. Also, my family is a hoot.

6. Go back to school. I don't know how much control over this I have, since going back to school involves a lot of money. But I'd really like to at least meet with an advisor to figure out a plan for getting my nursing degree. Nursing! My plan is to be a hippie earth mother nurse-midwife on the alpaca farm with Bruce by the time I'm 40. (with no debt)

I think there are some other ones, too....I just can't remember them so they must not be very important. Anyway, they mostly fall under the categories of get healthy, spend less money, hurt the earth less, and see friends and family more.

I think 2008 is going to be freaking awesome. If not, we still have that sweet picture of Christopher from your last post to carry us through.

Love,
Brax

1 comment:

Libby said...

Resolutions! you can do it, Brax! especially the reusable bag thing...once you establish the habit, it is easy.