Thursday, March 26, 2009

Owly Pally

Me and Brax and Cabbage are makin' some Owl Sweaters.

Mine is out of O-Wool Legacy Bulky. It's organic! And lovely. Can I talk for a sec about O-Wool? The yarns--all of them--are gorgeous. They are also tough little workhorses. Organic workhorses.


That's my sweater. You know what it is? It's chewy. Chewy. Laugh it up, fuzzball. I just want to scrunch it.

Brax's is out of Cascade 128 (also very nice). I forget what Cabbage's is out of, but she is adjusting gauge for a smaller yarn. Smaller yarn? Not me! Brax and Cabbage are both doing theirs as cardigans, but I love me a pullover. So that's what's shakin' here at Wine Lips. I've been pouring hours and hours of time and yards and yards of yarn into this twisted rib sweater, which is supposed to become a pattern that I can sell or give away or publish in some capacity. It's beautiful. If the bust and shoulders work out how I want them to, it's going to be a pretty rad sweater. I've been working on it for a while, though, and I'm a little bored with it, and also I'm kind of at an impasse with the bust shaping. So it's pretty nice to follow someone else's instructions and work on a US 10.5 and have inches of sweater just--POOF!--materialize on your needles.

Owlies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to see your sweater. I had been thinking about how nice the "owl cable" would look in the O~Wool Bulky. I have an uncle who is always cold and loves owls. He would be a natural for this sweater! :) Best of luck and let us know how you feel about the sweater as it comes along. Please remeber that the O~Wool is not treated with softeners and gets much more wonderful after a soak and block when you finish knitting! :) Marin from Vermont Organic Fiber Co.